MISU Clubs & Societies Personal Accident Insurance Terms
When you pay your membership fee for the year you are an official club/society member and your activity is covered under the MISU Personal Accident Insurance
In the event that you wish to put through a claim under the MISU Clubs & Societies Personal Accident Insurance Policy you need to be aware of the below:
- You must notify the Clubs & Societies Coordinator and fill out an Injury Notification Form within 10 days of your injury.
- Be sure you are able to prove that you received treatment from a medical practitioner (Doctor) within 10 days of your injury. If you have been referred onwards for treatment from this medical practitioner please provide proof of same.
- Take care to read the attached document Personal Accident Policy which details exclusions in relation to our insurance policy.
- Please retain any receipts from expenses incurred.
- Please note that our insurers only cover dental costs up to a maximum of €500 - cover is for the relief of immediate pain and suffering when incurred to sound and natural teeth as a result of an accident up to €500 with an excess of €50
- There is a maximum cover of €3500 for injury on MISU Clubs & Societies Personal Accident insurance. The excess on the policy is €100 meaning that the student is responsible for the first €100 of treatment costs
- MISU Clubs & Socs Personal Accident Insurance is intended as a supplementary cover to your own health insurance. We strongly recommend that all students involved in sporting activities have their own health insurance cover. Our insurers will only consider covering treatment that is not covered by your medical card or private health insurance (should you be in receipt of either)
By completing the below Injury Notification Form you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions. Once you have completed the Injury notification form a member of the Clubs & Socs Team will be in contact with you to start your claim.